Unfortunately, the extent of pressures on the Azerbaijani cultural and civil actives and elites is increasing.
These are some examples which Azerbaijani actives have been faced:
1. Arresting and summoning many cultural and civil actives along with second anniversary of Khordad (June) revolts 2006, which caused many political actives to be imprisoned.
2. Arresting more than 10 students in Azerbaijani universities, who are still, in unknown situations and places in agency organizations without causing to understand their charge and permission to visit their family and lawyer after 2 months of arresting.
3. Intolerable physical tortures and pressures and mental pressure on Azerbaijani actives, for example, Hamid Valayie’s torturing whose torture pictures are published in the internet.
4. Depriving Turk cultural and civil actives from social rights, for example, studying in postgraduate levels and firing from job. Nader Mahd Gharabagh, Samad Pashayie, Nahid Babazadeh and Amin Emamie are four students of Tabriz university whose report card of M.A. exam haven’t been given to them.
5. Creating fearful and stressful atmosphere in several occasions, for example, in international mother language day, anniversary of Khordad revolts, anniversary of Azerbaijani national hero’s birthday Babak, anniversary of conclusion of constitutional revolution, and even funeral occasions such as funeral of Dr. Sardary Nia, the writer and author of contemporary history.
6. Closing down several magazines and Azerbaijani cultural and artistic groups, and filtering nationalist websites.
There are a few examples about the breach of citizen rights of Azerbaijani cultural and civil actives, who want the establishment of justice and human primary rights in a peaceful and legal condition that unfortunately, not only these claims have not been responded well, but also exorbitant expenses have been paid for it. Moreover, these claims are not only wanted from a special group of Azerbaijanis, but they are wanted by great deal of Azerbaijani people that it has been shown very well in Khordad events, 2006. We requested this message to be adverted by liable authorities after Khordad events in 2006, but also unfortunately, not only nothing was done for adjudication of Azerbaijani people’s claims, but also the vehemence of contacts have been increased.BayBak
If the imprisonment of Azerbaijani cultural and civil actives used to be by letters sent to their home, after Khordad events 2006 without any attention, the actives are kidnapped from homes, dormitories and universities, that it has caused offence to actives and high spiritual pressure to their families.
One of these security named operations have been operated in Tehran on 20.6.87, and unfortunately, 19 guests of an Iftar party in Ramadan were arrested. This party that was held because of presence of Abbas Lisanie’s family (Azerbaijani political prisoner exiled in Yazd) with attendance of actives like Alireza Sarrafie (the chairman of closed magazine of Dilmadje and the member of national peace council), Hassan Rashedie (author of several books about identity and history of Azerbaijan, and the member of editorial board of Varligh journal), Saeid Mughanlie (poet and the editor-in-chief of literal Yashmagh magazine), Akbar Azad (anthropologist and the author of children books), Hassan Haydarie (teacher), Hassan Rahimie Bayat (the member of human rights reporters committee), Sayyad Mohammadian (civil active), Abbas Naiemie (employee of Tarbiat Modarres university of Tehran), Mehdie Naiemie Ardabilie (poet and teacher) and even some ladies and children were taken to the prison. In addition, unfortunately after more than one week, 9 of them stay in prison without access to primary rights, and also without visiting their families and lawyers.
It is obvious that the problems of Azerbaijan ca not be solved by harshness, threat and violation of human rights, but it could be possible by providing the atmosphere of cultural, social and political development and making possible the access of Azerbaijanis and other nations’ primary human claims.
Therefore, the signatories of this manifesto not only disapprove any kind of harshness and pressure on the political and cultural actives, but also they want disappearance of reminded discriminations and freedom of political prisoners of Azerbaijan, especially Azerbaijani elites, who have been captured in a Ramadan Iftar party without any kind of legal and judicial reason.
Haj ali akbarzade
Yashar ami oglu
Hoseyn anvar hagigi
Ali reza baher
Jila bani tagoub
Seyyed heydar bayat
Farrokh esmail najad
Farshad esmail zade
Tavakkol gain lou
Mohammad taher jafari
Alireza javanbakht quluju
Gisu khushe chin
Haj kazem mehdizade
Mehdi mortazavi lou
Shiva nazar ahari
Abbas pour azhari
Samad pour musavi
Allah goli seyrani
Saber shir afkan
Hasan umud oglu
Gasem vatan oglu
Hamed yegane pour
Morteza yegane pour